SimpleShield – Tattoo Aftercare Lotion
SimpleShield is an organic moisturizer to dramatically improve the texture and appearance of the skin and tattoo by protecting, repairing, firming and smoothing, while stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. It is formulated with a vegetable-based derivative that boosts the production of the water holding molecules present in the dermis, and retains moisture that replenishes the lipid content of the skin.
SimpleShield blocks the penetration of allergens and toxins and acts as a natural antioxidant, and boosts the skin’s ability to naturally regenerate, nourish, hydrate, and protect itself.
Provides an essential protective barrier against all three types of harmful free radicals on the skin, shielding against environmental damage and stress.
What You Receive – 60 mL (2 oz) bottle
Find a Store Near You: Visit our Retail Locator
Learn More about the ingredients we use.
Hemp Seed Oil
Grape Seed Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Sunflower Seed Oil
Aloe Leaf Juice
Chamomile Flower Extract
Japanese Green Tea Leaf Extract
- Choose an aftercare product that is specifically formulated to be used on a fresh tattoo.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Noxema, Neosporin, Bactine, etc. on the tattooed area!
- Over the counter products were never intended to be used as tattoo aftercare
How do I take care of my new tattoo in the first 72 hours?
- Never touch your new tattoo without first washing your hands thoroughly with a mild soap like SimpleCleanse.
- Remove the bandage or wrapping applied by the artist in a clean, familiar environment within 1-3 hrs of arriving home.
- Immediately wash tattoo with a mild soap like SimpleCleanse.
- Do not scrub. Pat your tattoo dry with a clean, disposable paper towel.
- Do not re-bandage your fresh tattoo! Your tattoo is an open wound and must be allowed to “breathe”.
- Continue to wash the tattooed area gently 2-3 times daily (or as needed) with SimpleCleanse.
- Always wash your hands again after touching your fresh tattoo!
How Do I Take Care of My New Tattoo after the first 72 Hours?
- Wash your hands and tattoo with a mild soap like SimpleCleanse.
- Apply a very thin coat of an aftercare product like Tat2Butt’r or SimpleShield to the tattooed area.
- Rub the product in well. If the area appears glossy from the product, then you have applied too much.
- Apply the aftercare product throughout the day as needed to keep the area from drying out.
- Do not over-saturate your new tattoo with aftercare products! This will only “smother” your tattoo and prolong your healing time.
- Do not let the area dry out! Apply additional aftercare product whenever the tattoo feels “tight” or “itchy”.
- If a scab should form, Don’t Pick At It! This could “pull out” parts of your tattoo!!
Water, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp Seed) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Emulsifying Wax NF, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomile), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Camellia Sinensis (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cetyl Alchol, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol